We're Glad You're Here
Who we are
- A congregation of the New England Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- LCN: a short version of our name, it’s easier to refer to ourselves this way!
- We are a Reconciling in Christ congregation seeking greater inclusivity in our church for people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions. We are also committed to racial equity. What does that mean? It means everyone is welcome. Everyone.
- We’re located in Newton Centre, a very busy and somewhat confusing village center. Parking is across Cypress Street in a public parking lot.
Kids & Youth
- We welcome kids of all ages. Sunday School follows worship & fellowship, and we have classes for kids from pre-k through high school. All classes start with music/choir practice.
- Do your kids want to be involved? We have plenty of opportunities to assist in worship, and we have an annual Christmas Pageant for all kids & youth, and a Youth Sunday that is led by our middle-school and high school kids.
Music at LCN
- We love music at LCN! It’s a big part of our worship.
- We have an adult choir, children’s choir, and youth choir, and we often sing all together in a big multi-generational group.
- We are blessed to have several professional musicians and talented youth members who share their gifts with us during worship.
- Do you like Christmas caroling? We do, too, and it’s a favorite tradition to go caroling to our older members.
- If you like really good classical music, LCN hosts chamber music concerts annually, performed by professional musicians, with the proceeds donated to various charities.
Food & Fellowship
- We enjoy spending time with each other, and there’s always coffee!
- Fellowship after service on Sundays gives us a chance to catch up with each other while enjoying snacks and, you guessed it, coffee! (And tea and juice!)
- Some of our favorite opportunities for food and fellowship include the annual Progressive Dinner, Easter Breakfast, Christmas Luncheon, Lenten mid-week soup & salad dinners, Welcome Back dinner in September, and Summerfest, a pot-luck dinner mid-summer.